1. What Information We Collect About You
When You Visit our Websites
You are free to explore the Websites without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Websites, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
We collect personal information from you when you submit web forms or interact with our Website.
“Personal Information” refers to any information that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or the estate in question. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual.
- Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to the Websites such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Use of Navigation Information” section below.
- Payment information includes information we collect and process from you when you receive a probate cash advance, such as bank account information.
This refers to credit or debit card numbers, financial account numbers or wire instructions, government issued identification numbers (such as Social Security numbers, passport numbers), biometric information, and any other information or combinations of information that falls within the definition of “special categories of data” under GDPR or any other applicable law relating to privacy and data protection. In connection with the underwriting process for making a probate cash advance, we may obtain a credit repot, which may contain Sensitive Information.
When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to other Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources.
Information About Children
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information about children under 18. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a child under 16, please contact us, so that we may delete the information.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
Use of Personal Information
- provide the financial services offered by the Company;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites;
- develop and improve our products and services;
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user and will only be shared on an aggregate and de-identified basis;
- contact you about account management, and other administrative matters;
- investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; or
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the Data Protection Officer can be contacted as set forth herein.
This website and the services offered by the Company are not intended for persons who reside outside the United States.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Use of Navigational Information
We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Websites and to provide you with a better experience when you interact with the Websites. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about our services. Navigational Information, such as IP address, is used to approximate your location. For example, we may use your approximate location to provide content that has been translated or send emails at certain times using your local time zone.
You may disable the collection and use of your location data through browser-, operating system- or device-level settings. Consent concerning location data may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as set forth below.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Use of Account Information
If you give us Account Information for purposes of receiving a probate cash advance, we will use such information only for the purpose of transmitting funds to you and no other purpose.
Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
Social Media Features
We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe From Our Communications” below.
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request, as described in the “How to Access & Control Your Personal Data” below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, we will retain all information we have received from you if you receive a probate cash advance, for a period not to exceed seven years.
3. How we Share Information we Collect
We employ other third-party service providers to provide services on our behalf to visitors to our Websites and our customers and users and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you.
The Company uses Hubspot to track activity on our Websites, communicate with visitors and customers, and to facilitate the processing of our services. Hubspot stores your information on its own systems. We believe that Hubspot stores all information in a secured fashion and will maintain your privacy. We strongly suggest that you review the privacy policies of Hubspot to learn more about how Hubspot is committed to maintaining the privacy of its customers and partners.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
4. How We Transfer Data We Collect Internationally
The Company and its Websites do not intentionally transmit any data outside of the United States. The services offered by the Company and its Websites are for persons who are citizens and permanent residents of the United States, only. That said, we cannot guarantee that third party service providers, including, for example, Hubspot, Google and Facebook, do not transfer your information outside of the United States.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, the Company) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
Third Party Tracking Technologies
6. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. In particular, we will not delete any of your information if you have received a probate cash advance.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us, as indicated below. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by contacting us as set forth below.
7. California Privacy Rights
This section applies only to California consumers. It describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers’ Personal Information in our role as a business, and the rights applicable to such residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. The Company does not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data.
For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information
We have collected the following statutory categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Commercial information, includ9ing all information provides to us in the form of Website forms, chatbots, and telephone calls. We collect this information directly from you.
- Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from your device.
- Financial information, such as Payment Information or financial account numbers in the process of providing you with a probate cash advance. We collect this information from you.
Your California Rights
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
How to Exercise your California Rights
You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
Please use the contact details below, if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights;
- Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or
- Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
8. Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Probatestar Financial, LLC
PO Box 30994
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420